Our patent translations
Patent translations for patent attorneys and patent departments
Our patent translations are intended for the following purposes:
• Patent filing at patent offices worldwide
• Patent monitoring
Our services for patent translation
How we differ from our competitors
• Translation of thousands of patents per year
• Large team of experienced patent translators
• All languages from one source
• All technical fields
• Prompt delivery times
• First-class quality
• Favourable price
General observations on the translation of patents
• patent-specific technical language
• structural content of patent specifications
• vocabulary of the respective patent class
• formatting of patent specifications
You all benefit from the following advantages when you have patents translated by us:
Our services in the field of
Our most important patent translations services include the following fields:
Machinery and plant engineering
Electrical engineering and electronics
Organic and inorganic chemistry
Biochemistry and biotechnology
Medicine and medical technology
Biology and molecular biology
and other fields
Qualification of our patent translators
Layout of the patents
For Europe for example, we adhere exactly to the guidelines of the European Patent Office for the layout of patent translations. Therefore, no further editing is necessary on your part and you do not experience any unpleasant surprises when filing your patent application.
• Translation of the claims to meet the appropriate requirements
• Translation of the description
• Translation of the abstract (PCT applications)
• Annotation of the drawings
• Maintaining the formal requirements: 1.5-line spacing and 12 point font
• Completed compilation of description, claims and drawings for filing
Step by step to first-class quality - our procedures for patent translations
In order to ensure high-quality patent translations, we proceed according to the following principle:
We analyze your patent with regard to the field of the invention and collate the necessary reference material. We select a patent translator who is technically suitable for the particular patent class.
Translation of the patent
We translate your patent carefully and scientifically in order to ensure uniformity in the entire translation and in any subsequent patents.
After translation, each patent is proofread again and specifically with regard to technical accuracy and patent-specific formulations.
After a factually correct patent translation is provided, this is edited. Expression and sentence structure are checked again so that the result quite simply reads like a patent.
Formatting and layout of the patent
The translated patents are formatted in the correct patent format. Any patent drawings are translated and re-annotated.
Delivery on time
We know about the deadlines for patents. Your translated patent will therefore be delivered absolutely on time.
Our punctuality with patent translations
High quality at fair prices
Transparency and security
• We calculate patent translations - differently according to client and country - either by the number of words in the target language or per standard line of the target language.
• Patent attorneys usually require an invoice per word whilst company clients frequently require an invoice per standard line. In some countries invoicing is exclusively per word of the source text. We are also guided by our clients’ wishes.
• If you compare us with the competitors you will be surprised at the favourable rates of our patent translations.